Grimes Yard Map
Beisser Lumber Company was established in 1953 in Fort Dodge, Iowa, and made its first expansion by moving to Des Moines in 1979. Despite frequent flooding issues in West Des Moines, the company moved the Des Moines location to Grimes, Iowa, in December 1999, where its population was just a quarter of what it is today. Business continued growing by adding a millwork warehouse in 2003 and expanding into Cedar Rapids in 2005, opening a custom door shop in Grimes that produces thousands of doors monthly. In 2017, Beisser Lumber expanded its services to include Engineered Wood Products in partnership with Weyerhaeuser, which has since become one of its most extensive services. Just before its 70th anniversary, Kim Beisser passed the presidency to his son-in-law Dave Ling, continuing the legacy of Iowa’s premier family-owned lumberyard.